Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Seven//You'll be my honeysuckle, I'll be your honey bee

Ronnie and I were anxiously awaiting where Tom and Taylor were taking us. We seriously had no clue where we were going. All we could hear was Tom and Taylor talking about the upcoming pre-season games in the next few weeks. It started to slowly hit me that Tom would be going back to Montreal soon. I don't know what we're going to do, but I do know that we're going to get through this. We were going to have to make a decision soon about what to do. I could do what Ronnie does and fly out and see him every couple weeks, or I could try and start a salon in Montreal. Either way, I needed to talk to Tom and my family about it. A few minutes later the car stopped and I could hear the doors opening. My door opened and I was being pulled out of the car. Still being blindfolded, Tom took my hand as we walked.

"Alright, I'm going to help you sit down." Tom said as he helped me down on what felt like a blanket.

"Okay girls, on the count of three we're going to remove the blindfolds!" Taylor said.

"1, 2, 3!" they both yelled out. Before us stood a huge white screen on the back of Tom's house.

"Babe, whats this?" I asked giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"We're going to play you girls' favorite movie once it gets dark." Tom said wrapping his arms around me.

"Really?!" Ronnie's eyes lit up looking up into Taylor's eyes.

"Yeah! We're serious!" Taylor said as Tom and I started laughing.

"Taylor, lets go get the food." Tom said as they both got up from the blankets.

"Do you need any help guys?" I asked.

"Nope! You two just sit there and relax!" Tom said going up the stairs of the deck.

"Alright thanks babe!"

"So any clue as to what we're eating?" Ronnie asked laughing.

"None whatsoever! Hey do you want to check out some of the photos that got taken last night?" I said pulling out my camera.

"Definitely! Pass it over girl!"

Ronnie took the camera and started looking through the photos.

"These are really cute, Zo! I love this one of you and your cousins! The boys actually look decent!" Ronnie said laughing.

"I know right?! That hasn't happened in years! I'll have to get these developed soon."

"For sure!"

"Hey girls! Are you ready to eat?" the boys shouted above from the deck.

"We're coming!" we both shouted as we ran up the stairs. The four of us brought out the food and set it out on the table.

"So what did you guys make?" I asked trying to peak beneath the foil on the dish.

"Chicken parm!" Tom said whipping the foil off.

"This looks awesome!" I said giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you so much!"

"I made the salad!" Taylor shouted as we all started laughing at his outburst.

"Aww good job baby!" Ronnie said patting him on the back.

"No kiss for me, Tom got one!" he said making the most ridiculous sad puppy face at Ronnie.

"Fine you little baby!" she said as she laid one on him.

"Okay guys, you can come up for some air!" I said as Tom and I started laughing at them.

Ronnie started to blush as we all started laughing and talking. The boys bought a few bottles of wine (that were quickly opened) as we were waiting for the sun to set. We took a few photos since it would be a long time before the four of us could hang out like this with Taylor being all the way in Arizona. I was on my second glass of wine whenever my cell phone started going off. It was the salon manager so I had to answer.

"Hey Hillary, how are you?"

"I'm good! How are you, Zoey?"

"Excellent! Just hanging out with Ronnie and our boys. What's new?"

"That sounds like fun! I was just calling to see if you and Ronnie could possibly come in at noon tomorrow for a staff meeting."

"That should be fine! I'll be sure to tell Ronnie!"

"Okay, thanks girl! Enjoy your night!"

"Will do! Have a good one too!"I closed the phone as they were all looking at me.

"So what did Hillary want?" Ronnie asked.

"Oh she just wants us to be there for a staff meeting at noon tomorrow, no biggie."

"Lovely! Hopefully it's not long and boring as usual."

"Agreed!"

"How about we get this movie started then?" Taylor asked.

"Lets do it! Ronnie and I can bring the food inside while you two get it set up."

"Excellent plan, honey." Tom said giving me a kiss on top of my forehead.

Luckily we didn't have too much to bring inside and the movie was just about ready. Ronnie and I decided to make some popcorn to bring outside. We made sure to make a huge bowl since we knew the boys would eat almost all of it themselves. I carried out the popcorn and Ronnie grabbed a few pillows for us.

"All set girls!" Tom yelled out. We all got situated and comfortable as "You've Got Mail" began. It was a good thing that the boys brought some blankets out before because it was starting to get chilly. The movie was about ten minutes in whenever I could see bright headlights coming from Tom's driveway. Who the hell could that be? Jumping out of the dark SUV was Olivia holding some kind of tray while Jordan was the one driving.

"I brought some cheesecake guys! Eric and the fam send their love!" Olivia yelled out coming towards us. Her and Jord were adorable together. This summer had been the best thing ever for both of them. I hadn't seen either one of them happier.

"This looks delicious!!"

"Oh it is! Here you guys take this! We had plenty over at Eric's. We were on our way to Jordan's and we figured we drop some of for you guys." Olivia said setting the tray down between Tom and I and Taylor and Ronnie.

"Aww thanks! Are you sure you don't want to stay?" I asked.

"I'm heading back to Pittsburgh tomorrow night." Jordan said looking down at the ground.

"Ugh that sucks!" I said getting up giving them both a big hug. "Don't get pregnant!" as soon as I said it everyone was howling with laughter.

"Don't worry, it won't happen!" Olivia said smiling. "I'll see you guys later! Goodnight!"

"Bye!! Thanks again!"

I layed back down with Tom as we continued watching the movie. By the time the movie finished, the four of us had managed to eat the entire tray of the cheesecake. Stuffed couldn't even describe how full I felt. Being wrapped up tight in Tom's arms felt so warm and amazing. I didn't want to leave. Taylor and Ronnie got up to leave so we both crawled up to say goodnight to them.

"Well I'll see you at the meeting tomorrow! Hopefully it's something good" as Taylor and Ronnie climbed into his car.

"Be careful driving home guys" Tom said taking my hand. Taylor and Ronnie honked the horn at as while they drove down the driveway.

"Thanks for everything tonight, babe. It was really sweet of you" I said giving him a kiss. Tom broke apart the kiss. "Anything for you Zo." as we kissed again. I grabbed the blankets and pillows and put them in the garage. Tom took apart the big screen and put the dvd player away.

"Ready for bed, boo?" I asked giving him a hug wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'm ready when you are." Tom said wrapping his arms around my hips as I nodded my head yes. Hand in hand we walked up the stairs to the deck area and inside his house. We ran back the hall to his bedroom.

Tom's Point of View


Zoey and I ran back the hallway into my bedroom. With the door shut behind us we quickly jumped onto the king size bed. We climbed underneath the sheets and I started tickling her. Her laugh was cute and irresistible. Then I kissed her goodnight since it was getting late and I knew she had the meeting in the morning.

"Goodnight baby, I hope you have a good meeting tomorrow."

"Thanks honey. Don't let the bed bugs bite!" she said kissing me again wrapping herself into my arms.

I held her tight in my arms as we fell asleep listening to a gentle rain come down. I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else but her for the rest of my life. This feeling will never go away, I just know it. You know when you love somebody.

2 comments:

  1. d'awww this chapter is so cute. i can't wait for more. love the update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, a little movie and dinner. Cute. I can't wait for more. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete